For some 4th of July fun, Zach and I ran the Gheral Brownlow memorial 10k in Prescott, Arizona. Katie and Emma ran the 2 mile. Katie gets a "tough mom" award for pushing the jogging stroller with Ben and Sam for 2 miles!
The 10k was a fairly tough trail run. Lots of long uphills, some fairly steep. I passed a lot of runners who were walking the steep uphills by keeping my pace high and shortening my stride length. The last long uphill really had my quads and lungs burning. The last mile was all downhill and I ran it in a sub-7 minute pace to finish strong (for me). I placed second in my age group and 20th overall with a time of 51:35. Results are available here.
The post-race pancakes at Denny's were excellent!
2 comments:
Good for all of you!! I'm doing the 10K in Pocatello, Sept. 5. And I'm registering for the 1/2 marathon in Surprise, AZ, the end of January. You should do that one too! :)
The Surprise Marathon is a great event. Cool temps, flat course, great scenery. Let me know if you need a place to stay.
Post a Comment